- Splitting the bill in a restaurant.
- Paying a roommate for your portion of rent or bills.
- Sending some birthday cash to a family member.
- Paying for everyday purchases such as housekeeping, babysitting or home repairs.
What are the benefits for you:
- Convenient and Simple to Use!
- Saves Time and Money!
How to send an Interac e-Transfer:
- Log into digital banking and navigate to the “Transfers” screen
- Set up your sender profile and add your recipient – make sure to create a Security Question that only your recipient knows the answer to.
- Choose how to notify your recipient, the amount you wish to send and which account the funds will be transferred from. You can also choose to send a special message or memo to your recipient.
- Send! The funds are debited from your account immediately.
- Your recipient will receive notification that you have sent them an INTERAC e-Transfer†, and will follow the links provided in the email or text message to deposit their funds.
- Once they have answered the security question correctly, they can deposit the funds immediately – no holds, no hassle!
How to receive an Interac e-Transfer:
- Receive an email and/or a text message stating that someone has sent you an e-Transfer for a certain amount of money.
- Click on the link inside teh email or text message and follow the prompts to deposit the e-Transfer into your account.
- You will need to login to digital banking in order to receive the e-Transfer.
- You will also need to answer a security question, a question that is setup by the e-Transfer sender.
|Per Week (last 7 days):||$10,000.|
|Per Month (last 30 days):||$20,000.|
What other e-Transfer features are there?:
Autodeposit: allows you to automatically deposit funds into your Luseland CU account. No more logging into online banking and answering a security question.
How do you sign up for Autodeposit:
- Sign into digital banking/LCU mobile app;
- Go to send an e-Transfer;
- Select “Autodeposit”;
- Complete the steps to register.
Request Money: allows you to send a e-Transfer request for money. This feature is great for small business owners. The recipient gets notified, accepts the request, and the funds are sent.
How do you Request Money:
- Sign into digital banking/LCU mobile app;
- Select “Transfers”; then “Request e-Transfer”;
- Complete the steps to Request Money.
What is Acxsys Corporation?
Acxsys Corporation powers the INTERAC e-Transfer† service for the participating financial institutions. Acxsys Corporation facilitates the e-mail notice process and maintains the INTERAC e-Transfer† database.
How long does it take to send and receive an INTERAC e-Transfer†?
An e-mail and/or SMS text message notifying the recipient of their INTERAC e-Transfer† is sent immediately after the sender completes the INTERAC e-Transfer†. Once the recipient receives notification, they can complete the deposit process, usually within just a few minutes of the transfer being sent!
NOTE: If your recipient’s Financial Institution does not subscribe to the INTERAC e-Transfer† service, they can still deposit their funds using the Acxsys Transfer process. This method of depositing an INTERAC e-Transfer† generally takes 3-5 business days, although it may take longer.
I sent a transfer but provided an incorrect e-mail address or mobile phone number for the recipient. What should I do?
If you provided an invalid e-mail address, you will be notified via e-mail that the transfer notification was undeliverable. You can readdress and resend the transfer or cancel the pending transfer and the original amount (less the service charge) will be credited back to your account.
If you provided an invalid e-mail address, but did provide a valid mobile phone number, you will not be notified by e-mail that the transfer was undeliverable.
If you have provided an invalid mobile phone number and chose to notify your recipient by mobile phone only, you will not be notified in any way that the SMS text message did not go through.
How do I readdress and resend an INTERAC e-Transfer†?
If you have been notified of an undeliverable INTERAC e-Transfer† due to an incorrect e-mail address, you can readdress and resend the transfer. Just:
- Edit your recipient information to include the valid email address.
- Select the “Resend Notification” from the “Pending Transfer” screen
- Click “Confirm”
An e-mail notice will be resent to the recipient’s valid e-mail address.
How do I cancel an INTERAC e-Transfer† and deposit the funds back into my account?
If the transfer is no longer in your list of Pending INTERAC e-Transfers†, please contact your Credit Union for assistance.
Does the recipient get a reminder to deposit their INTERAC e-Transfer†?
What is a security question? What are the guidelines for the security answer?
The security question verifies the recipient’s identity and protects your funds from being received by the wrong person. The question must be answered correctly in order to complete the deposit process. It is the sender’s responsibility to create a security question and answer known only to the recipient.
Guidelines for the security answer:
- The answer must be one word.
- The answer must not contain any blank spaces.
- The answer is not case sensitive and letters and/or numbers are accepted.
- The answer cannot contain special characters (i.e., &, $, etc.).
- The answer should be kept strictly confidential between the sender and recipient.
- The security question and/or answer must not be included in the optional message attached to the INTERAC e-Transfer†.
What happens when an INTERAC e-Transfer† cannot be received?
The sender will be notified by e-mail when an INTERAC e-Transfer† cannot be completed because:
- The recipient declined the transfer.
- The 30-day time period for the recipient to claim the transfer has expired.
- The e-mail address you entered for your recipient is invalid. See FAQ #3.
- The recipient was unable to answer the security question.
Once the sender receives this notification, they can follow the links in the message to cancel and re-deposit the funds. Service charges are non-refundable.
I keep getting an error message when sending or receiving an INTERAC e-Transfer†.
There are several error messages which can be generated while using the INTERAC e-Transfer† feature, which may include the following:
- Exceeds sending / receiving limits, for a single transaction, a week or a month.
- The account you are attempting to send from or deposit to is restricted from use with this feature.
- The communication between Internet Banking and your credit union’s banking system has timed out.
For assistance with these issues, please contact Luseland Credit Union Ltd.